Kicukiro is a district of Rwanda’s capital city, Kigali. AE Team Leader John Kalenzi and his Team are ready to launch a mission to this district in just 2 weeks!
AE Rwanda have been readying themselves for an intense week of Gospel proclamation from 18th – 24th June.
The AE Rwanda Team has moved the mission to two weeks later in June than originally planned, because of the upcoming Rwandan presidential election in August. However, this extra time will only benefit the mission, by giving the Team time for more evangelism and discipleship training.
In January, 35 pastors from Kicukiro district attended a planning meeting for the mission. 50 returned for follow up training in early May. These meetings have helped ensure all ministers are thinking seriously about the best ways to care for new believers in their churches, post mission. The meetings also serve to stir the hearts of Rwandan Christians to prayer, the most powerful tool we have. Please continue to prayer with us for a stable relationship between churches and the Rwandan government.
It is the hope and prayer of AE Rwanda and AE International for over 87,000 Rwandans throughout Kigali to be reached with the Gospel, and for at least 13,000 new believers! Evangelism will be carried out across 29 venues to all who are willing to hear. Events include:
- 10 days of prayer and fasting in preparation for the Global day of prayer and the mission from 25th May to 3rd June.
- Global Day of Prayer 4th June.
- National Prayer Conference 16th to 17th June 2017.
- University Students Leadership Conference 10th to 11th June, 2017.
- Training for Sunday school teachers 1st and 22 June, 2017
- Children’s Mission crusades on 10th and 17th June 2017 in different zones
- Children’s festival 24th June
- Pastors and Disciple Makers training 20th and 21st June 2017
- Training for Women 23rd June 2017
- Conference for Christ’s Ambassadors in the market place 1st July
Please pray with us, that the Lord will touch many hearts to become His followers.
You can follow the mission on the AE Australia Facebook page.